Mathematics Used by Science
That which you persist in doing becomes easy to do - not that the nature of the thing has changed, but your power and ability to do has increased.
Some aspects of the world are mathematical. Science utilizes several to describe and understand material substances. Learning the mathematics makes you a more skilled and competent person and helps you understand the world.
Note: The short byline is an attempt to give a hint about the wider significance of each skill; each illustrates a mathematical technique to deal with a different difficult aspect of our world.
Maria Chernenko's : ΣquPlus has equations, constants, SI Units, symbols and conversions
- Significant Figures: Truth in Measurement
- Histograms: Visualizing Measurements
- Line graphs: Finding Patterns in Measurements
- Scientific Notation: Working with large and small numbers
- Atoms & Moles: Accounting for the Unobservable
- Molarity: Concentration of Molecular Intensity
- Reaction Rates: Putting Value on What Changes
- Equilibrium Constants: Steadfast Among Everything Variable (page under construction)
- pH: Managing Vast Variations (page under construction)
- EMF: Assigning Potential to Change
- Half Life: How Rapid the Approach to Infinity